1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I can't drive.......155......"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is fascinating.
    155 mph......ON A MOTORCYCLE.....
    You hit a pebble sideways at 155 on a motorcycle, and they're cleaning you up with a sponge.
    I've always said that the only difference between an open and closed casket is whether or not you were wearing a helmet.

Motorcycle rider caught after 155 mph chase

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Road pizza, human topping!

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I remember a couple of years ago Dodge released a concept bike called the Tomahawk that was basically a motorcycle with a Viper engine. I thought to myself, that seems like a bad decision.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

A lot of police departments won't chase motorcycles at those speeds, even if their policies allow them to chase cars at high speed, because of the likelihood of a fatal accident for the riders.

Kinda amazed they caught him.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Was in California a couple weeks back and was shocked/scared at the motorcycles running up through standstill traffic between lanes. You do that here in Atlanta, and it's a death sentence.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Cops around here have gotten their own crotch rockets to catch the crotch rocketers. Only way they can chase them down.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I know in Phoenix at one point, they had state troopers in vipers to catch the really fast.
    At one time, clear the hell out here in the sticks, they had state troopers in SS Camaros and Mustang Cobras.
    Note to self: Self....if you ever get pulled over by a troop in a Camaro or Mustang....just have your checkbook hanging out the window cause there will be no warning.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At least at one time, the S.C. Highway Patrol had some sweet silver Corvettes that made you wish one would take off on a pursuit, just see it put through its paces.

These days, seems like all the cops want to drive a 99-ton SUV.

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Boss Hoss bikes have V8 engines in them. That, too, seems like a bad decision.

Boss Hoss Cycles

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

We're just used to it if that makes sense. I think they even just allowed lane splitting for moving traffic so long as speeds are low.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

This is standard practice in several of the countries I've lived in, and many I've visited - especially SE Asia.

Whenever I'm on a highway and a bike speeds past me, I wonder what kind of death wish the driver has. At those high speeds, does a helmet make a difference?

Draft saved Draft deleted