1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't believe I've never watched this show before

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cougargirl, Sep 3, 2007.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

"Dead Like Me."

There's a marathon on the SciFi Channel right now. Ellen Muth (who played the daugther in "Dolores Claibourne") has died in a freak accident and returns as a form of a Grim Reaper, whose responsibility is to take the souls from those who have died in accidents in the Seattle area.

Dark comedy, very cleverly written. I haven't been able to stop watching it this afternoon!

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When I saw the thread title, I knew what show you were talking about.

Every holiday, Sci-Fi pulls this one out of mothballs. It is a pretty good show. My wife starts watching those marathons, and eight hours later . . . . . . I finally get TV control.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Never got into it.....

I hate Patinkin in everything other than The Princess Bride.

Muth played the younger version of Selena in Claiborne.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

This was a great show for Showtime, and I'm still pissed that they canceled it when they did. I own the first season, and every time I see the second season on DVD, I reach for it and then set it back down in favor of a Simpsons or South Park DVD collection. I think I will go buy Dead Like Me on my next payday.
    I just wish it was still on the air.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Patinkin is great on Criminal Minds, although I think he just quit...

Draft saved Draft deleted