1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can't Believe I Ate Fast Food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Use a mix of good fontina and fresh mozzarella.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Food of t3h Gawdz, it is, and only $1.75 for a large lamb kebab.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Can you get MexiCoke in your area? That should give you the cane sugar and caffeine at the same time.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have been off of fast food since January 3rd, and it was not by choice. I am homebound with a broken ankle.

Last Saturday, I was able to drive around and I bought a $1 chicken sandwich (portion control is something I have been working on) for lunch at Micky D's. It did not make me feel good physically after I ate it. I think it was the grease.

I can honestly say, I think I am off of fries. When I hit a fast food place, the sandwich itself will be plenty for me.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

luckily for me, JitB sucks dong here. i used to love that place.

now i pretty much limit myself to the $5 subways.

we also pretty much gave up on beef about three weeks ago and are eating the hell out of some chicken. i'm down 8.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here, although I've been cooking with turkey more than chicken. Fish, too. Turkey burgers are phenomenal on the grill and, with our weather, I get to use the grill just about every weekend.

Portion control is my weakness, so I don't think I'm losing any poundage lately. I'm down 10-15 pounds from where I was about two years ago, but can't seem to drop the last 15-20 to get down to where I want to be at 200-210.

If I can kick the soda habit, that might do it. But I like it too much and I refuse to play the guilt game with myself. Just gotta try to find alternatives when I can.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

after initial fail, i knocked out soda as well, buck.

the key was buying about eight ice trays for work and taking in my well water in 2-liter bottles. i honestly enjoy water more now than soda ... although i do get a 44-ounce orange fanta every friday with my subway.

8. 93Devil

Well water?

Tom, you never struck me as country folk.

I grew up on spring water.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i am now, my friend. i found the place where i'm going to spend the next 25 a little more than a year ago.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I have a buy one/get one coupon on a quarter pounder. I'll be under the arches tomorrow at 5:30.

11. 93Devil

Nice.

Now go out and get yourself a nice Kubota.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

we're kinda john deere freaks out this way, my friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted