1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can't Believe I Ate Fast Food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 31, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Go back to Skyline, Killick!

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

You'll be hearing from my lawyers.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I've thought about giving up McDonald's for Lent, but in my berg, it's the freshest food I can get at the times I'm free to eat. I don't trust some of the other places during off-peak times. I live too far from work to take my dinner (I always eat it on the way). Methinks I'm screwed.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Those are all excuses. No offense.

I used to get fast food before work, then go to the cafeteria during my shift and get food. But now I make sandwiches. You can get an insulated lunch bag that will keep your sandwich cool until you get ot work and can put it in the fridge. I take cottage cheese and yogurt and strawberries. I just put it all in the fridge when I get there.

If you like McD's, that's fine. I like McD's. But don't act like you eat it because it's a physical impossibility for you to take food.

5. expendable

Cottage cheese? eew.

Yogurt? eew.

The strawberries would be good though.

Excuse? Oh, I can make an excuse. No offense taken. I'm going to try to avoid McDonald's during Lent. Baby steps.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I had a Taco Bell 7-Layer Burrito at the game I covered the other night. Then I sat in my apartment and farted a smell so foul that even my cat was hissing at me. The next morning wasn't much better. Just brutal. Seven layers of intestinal hell was more like it.

My fast food intake is basically limited now to Chik-fil-A, Arby's (love their roast beef sammies and the occasional chicken cordon bleu) Sheetz, and maybe some more upscale-type fast food (like Jersey Mike's or Chipotle). McDonalds, BK and Wendy's' stuff just doesn't taste very good, save for the fries.

7. imjustagirl

Ha! Just examples of refrigerated food. Just go get an insulated lunch pack and then you can take whatever you want to work.

If you want Mickey D's, hey, more power to you. Sometimes I crave chicken mcnuggets so badly I nearly double over. Stupid Weight Watchers. :D

8. expendable

Mmmmm...Chicken McNuggets. When is Ash Wednesday?

9. imjustagirl

Hell if I know. I don't believe in God. :D

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm .... Doner Kebab.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Just noticed this thread. No "fast food" tastes good to me anymore. I'm pretty sure it would make me ill to eat it.

I've been completely off it for close to 10 years now -- McD's, Burger King, Wendys, KFC, Taco Bell, etc., plus I don't drink soda at all anymore (with the exception of the one or two root beer floats I allow myself each summer). And while I consume food with sugar in it once in a while, I don't add it to anything I eat. Candy, outside of some dark chocolate, has little appeal anymore.

I will, however, eat a bar burger and fries once in a while and I consider beer and wine part of a healthy, balanced diet.

12. expendable

It's February 25. It's also Jim Backus' birthday, just in case you might feel left out. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted