1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can't Believe I Ate Fast Food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 31, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I've had several "transformations" where I vowed to myself never to eat fast food and get myself in better shape and eat healthy. I've tried this about two or three times and failed each time after getting some decent results. Considering I've decided to join the Army Reserve, I think my transformation will likely change quite drastically after basic training.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've never had office pizza that wasn't either nasty or greasy as hell (sometimes both.) My current place gets pizza that tastes decent but is smothered in grease. Makes my stomach churn after one slice, so I try to bring my dinner on those nights now.

And pall's right about making food that's better. I'm almost positive the last time I had burgers that weren't cooked by me were the ones at Babar's house. Just have no desire to eat a burger from anywhere but my grill out back.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I used to stash some pizza at work while it cooled and thus was much less greasy when I finally got to it.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I can honestly say I eat much less fast food than I did years ago.

Problem is, I still drink Mountain Dew and I will indulge in fattening pasta more than I should. No good ...

5. highlander

highlander Member

Friday night before covering a game I was hungry and stopped by to get a McDonald's cheese burger. Changed my mind and for the first time in I'd bet 20 years got a Fillet-O-Fish, hold the tartar sauce. It wasn't that bad. Had there been some Long John Silvers malt vinegar to put on it, it would have been even better.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bubbler has no idea why he just projectile vomited.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Did he stop for something at the Wal-Mart snack bar?

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sorry, Pete. Didn't mean to confuse. I'll try again.

Bran flakes? Ew.

Fish? Ew.

Better?

9. am i allowed to revoke your chicagoan status?

10. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Sam, switch to Diet Mountain Dew. I drank the full-flavored stuff by the gallon and resisted the switch for the longest time, but I can't even drink the real stuff anymore. You will get used to it. Trust me.
    And I'll be eating crappy pizza at work tomorrow, although it won't be free. Lean times, you know.

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Board says yes.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have to say, I got some Jimmy John's today and it was divine. Hunter's Club or some such thing. Yum.

The key with Jimmy John's is to not get any veggies. Their meat, bread and cheese are fine, but their veggies are very rarely green or fresh.

I went to one in Champaign once and the lettuce was so brown, I think I must have inadvertently ordered the "code word" for the weed they were surreptitiously selling, only I didn't know it, and tried to eat it.

That sandwich's fate was to be tossed out the window on I-74, where raccoons, fluent in NRA gunspeak because of the inescapable Burma Shave gun-nut signs along the road, very deservedly pissed on it. If they had guns, they would have shot it.

Draft saved Draft deleted