1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I cannot believe this job has not been posted.....

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by printdust, Dec 20, 2006.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

From the fine folks at CareerBuilder, this notice:

Company: Penthouse Media Group, Inc
    Base Pay: N/A
    Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
    Industry: Printing - Publishing
    Manages Others: yes
    Job Type: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
    Professional Services
    Req'd Education: 4 Year Degree
    Req'd Experience: More than 5 Years
    Req'd Travel: Negligible
    Relocation Covered: No
    Posted Date: 12/18/2006

Bi-coastal publishing and multimedia company globally recognized as a premier brand in men's lifestyle/adult entertainment seeks a Senior Editor/Writer to join its dynamic New York based Editorial Team.

This is a rare and ideal opportunity for a talented individual to become part of something special. Salary will be commensurate with experience.

The Senior Editor/Writer will take an active role in shaping the editorial direction of this prominent men's magazine. The ideal candidate will come up with ideas, coordinate assignments, edit copy, and develop long term editorial features and packages. This person will need to promote and represent the magazine with writers, publicists, talent,and other, and make significant contributions within the magazine itself on all levels - from writing headlines and assigning stories to writing feature pieces and cover lines. This is a great opportunity for a competent and hard-working candidates to assume responsibility and to make a significant editorial contribution.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I actually think I might apply for this one.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

hehe, printdust said bi

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Whatever that means.

Penthouse says "bicoastal". Does that mean it's a surprise that people in New York and people in California buy this? Is ithat some sort of surprise?

5. boots

boots New Member

I was qualified for it but I respectfully declined.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Talk about a job where your writing work is not noticed at all ;D

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

It'd be like an ice cream fanatic getting a job at an ice cream parlor.
    You'd get sick of it after getting so much.
    Or maybe not.

8. boots

boots New Member

That's true. My first job was working at McDonald's. I got sick of Big Macs after I found out what was in the secret sauce.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

The line in the description about promoting and representing the magazine with the talent, caught my eye.

10. Gold

Gold Active Member

I would question about how financially stable Penthouse is. I seem to remember there were questions about that last year and reports of late payments. You wonder if they are being affected by the internet.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

And then . . . there are things you might be able to overlook, you know, for the chance to shape editorial direction and such.

12. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

as a benefit, do you get to sleep with the female talent?

Draft saved Draft deleted