1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I cannot believe Breaking Bad doesn't get more SJ love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This is an excellent show my friends. I highly recommend it.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I'm two episodes behind. Hopefully I won't be after tonight.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Love it. The one a couple of weeks ago, when they were being held by Tuco, with the old guy with the bell -- that was as good an hour of TV as you'll ever see. Really intense. Cranston is tremendous.

It wil be interesting to see how they bring this show to a conclusion.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I watched the pilot a few days ago. I think it's the best first episode I've seen since The Sopronos. I will be checking out the rest soon. Cranston's very, very believable.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This is on my 'must see' list. Will have to get it on DVD.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Good God - I'm midway through the second season now and this is one of the best television series I've ever seen. Great acting, spectacular writing, constantly has me pacing around the room. The first episode of the second season is just fantastic stuff.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've never heard of this show outside of this board, FWIW.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Love this show. Love it. Since it sounds like some folks are a couple episodes behind, I'll try not to go the spoiler route, but the path they put Jessie on this season has been great.
    And the episode from this past week was just simply phenomenal. Alternately disgusting, shocking, heartbreaking and funny all in the span of a few minutes -- but that's just par for the course with this show.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

SJ, do yourself a favor and begin watching this show on a regular basis. Tonight's episode blew my mind.

Included was perhaps one of the most jaw-droppingly oddball killings I've ever witnessed. As a bonus, it includes character-actor legend Danny Trejo.

This show is amazing.

Edit: Next week's episode apparently has Bob Odenkirk playing a drug lawyer. The mind races ...

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd have to say Tortuga's (Danny Trejo's) mind was pretty well blown after that killing, too.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Cranston won an Emmy last year. I think Aaron Paul deserves one for this season.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Agreed. "Mad cheddar, fat stacks, cash money." I didn't realize until this season of Big Love on HBO, but he also plays Sarah's boyfriend on that show. Amazing what a some nice clothes and glasses can do to a person.

The Jesse Jackson thing was cracking me up.

Draft saved Draft deleted