1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I bought an iPod Classic instead of a Zune.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt L., Mar 8, 2008.

1. gretchd

gretchd Member

While I have never had a problem with my iPod (either of them, actually), I work with a guy who swears by his Zune. I'll second whoever mentioned the Creative Zen earlier, as well.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That would be me on the Zen.

Got a 4gb, photo one for $50 cheaper than the ipod in the same class.

Like I said, came with an fm tuner, voice recorder (good for a work backup) a pair of speakers and a charger. I was very happy I shopped around.

3. gretchd

gretchd Member

I had two Zen micros. One was great. The other died for no apparent reason (except that fall from the top of the stadium might have facilitated the lack of working... who can say?).

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I actually own that shirt. I got it for Festivus.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

did you write grandma a nice thank you note like a good grandson?

6. This thread took a strange turn indeed.
    Are we sure it's not deucebagging? That would be a sack of shit, wouldn't it?

7. I see Mustang's underlying point. I bought a simple, 1gb Creative Zen nano a year ago that was not only better than the Ipod nano shuffle but $30 cheaper.

With apple products you are paying for the name, the hype and the exclusive rights to itunes, though there are less expensive and often better products out there.

I don't know that there's anything wrong with that, though - to each his own.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

My Sony MP3 player rocks!

(It fits in my cleavage during my workouts. Armbands cut off the circulaton.)

And for the record, it's douche.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if the term 'douchebag' as a pejorative was created or popularized by Saturday Night Live but my first memory of the word is this:

[​IMG]

I suspect that young 'mustang' considering he has a penchant for stereotypes may fall into this category:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

I don't really like bulky mp3 players, and that seemed to be the case for the Zune compared to the Classic.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No. But I hugged my friend Lunchbox. Grandma actually did get me a Festivus gift; I told you people she is the best. She gave me my favorite pair of pants that were at her house for more than a year, begging to be sewed in every area (the crotch, front and back pockets, ass). She didn't sew them, but she sent them to someone who -- hopefully -- will.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Low blow flash. No pink shirts in my closet, popped collars, sideways hats or tattoos.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Flash

Flash Guest

But you're all over the Livestrong bracelet, fake 'n' bake tan and stupid-ass grin?

Draft saved Draft deleted