1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I apologize

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ilmago, Dec 9, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Apology not accepted. Fetch me some poutine.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Who do you think would be on the list of top ten French Canadian apologists, ever?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Honesty I am a copy editer by trade and I have never noticed any grammar or spelling issues with you're work.

Keep on pluggin away.

Suggest you by the book "Elements of Style" I keep a copy on my desk.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Boom is a copy editor, but he hires his work out to copy editing sweat shops in India for 10 cents a day.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And while you're at it, fetch me some Tim Bits, newb!

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Well played.

7. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

HAHA!!! Do you want a Joe Louis and Pepsi with that? Maybe a pack of smoke.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Don't give him the Poutine Italienne. That's nasty stuff. :)

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I have one on my desk. I use it as a coaster for my Mountain Dew - because whatever is grammatically correct "sounds funny" to my boss. So I just write what he likes to hear and he ends up sounding like a ratard.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That sounds funny.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Are you apologizing for being French or for being Canadian? Hard to pick which one you should be most apologetic about.

Seriously, though, I've never seen a thing wrong with your English or grammar. I've poked fun at you just over you starting all the "greatest ever" type threads. It's hard to detect sarcasm in print. Hey, your threads get responses and people join in the debates, so you've earned your way. Keep it up. Sorry if I pissed you off. You can make fun of me in French if you like. I might be able to figure it out.

12. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

HAHA!! It is hard to detect sarcasm on the internet...also coming from you it means a lot. Thanks man.

Draft saved Draft deleted