1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I apologize

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ilmago, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

First off, I'd just like to let you guys know that English isn't my first language. I'm sure you guys already knew that by my grammar and many errors. In case anybody cares, I'm French. I know it shouldn't be an excuse, but it's one of the reasons why I don't write so well.

Anyway, I know I've gotten on some peoples nerves by my posting, grammar and spelling mistakes. I get reminded every time I write something wrong. Another thing that seems to get on peoples nerves are my new threads.

There's a lot of grammar "Nazi's" here at SJ, for good reason since most of you are/or were journalist at a point and time, and spelling errors must drive you nuts.

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this thread, I guess I just needed to get it off my chest, and I wanted to apologize if I make any members angry. I really enjoy posting here, since I love talking sports, and you guys have great knowledge of all sort of sports. I'm learning everyday when I read new threads here..well for the most part.

I'm sure some people will blast me in this thread, and I'm sorry again if I anger some people.

Cheers!

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No worries. Just make sure the beer is cold and the food is hot and no one here will be unhappy.

3. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

I'm French Canadian the beer is always cold, the good kind, too. LOL.

But in all seriousness, I'm not looking for any sympathy, just wanted to let you guys know one of the reasons why I make so many mistakes.

Another thing I should be doing is revise my post and use spell check, it's there for a reason.

I won't promise anything, because I know I'll still screw up plenty of times, but I'll do my best to improve.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Zut alors! Pense rien du tout.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Every board has its own spelling & grammar Nazis. It shouldn't be surprising that spelling & grammar errors are pointed out on a board for journalists.

I'm a shitty speller. I know it. Thank God for spell check.

And, while I definitely still make mistakes, I think I write and spell better since hanging out here, so I sort of appreciate it.

I even spelled definitely right just now and that's one that always used to get me.

(So glad I double checked before posting. I wrote "right" instead of "write" originally."

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Jean-Guy, chan-gey la canal!

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I don't even know what the particular issue is, but don't worry about idiots. It's a message board. Life is too short to worry about what internet posters think. Enjoy it.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You think you had trouble before, and now you mention you're French Canadian (or Candian, which I assume is some combination of Canadian and Cockdian).

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

"I 'pologize." - Rev. Andy Cramed in a smallpox haze, Deadwood. Season 1

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You have nothing to apologize for, well, except for that French Canadian thing.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Le monde est plein d'idiots. Essayez de les ignorer. :)

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

why are you speaking Spanish to him?

Draft saved Draft deleted