1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am taking my column and going home

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

The burning of the bridges thing kind of baffles me in this day and age. I have seen newspapers fire sports reporters when they were on vacation, fire some the day they return from vacation (oh, pardon me, lay them off), decimate departments and when it's time for me to leave on my own, I should give two weeks notice and be a good soldier? I should resist writing a piece like this gutsy soul did? Perhaps this person is going to law school now and doesn't give a flip about burning a bridge. I respect the author.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh, Freddie. If you're gonna rip your paper, at least come with some ammunition. Not slinging FIU pebbles.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

That last part is quite possibly the funniest thing that will be posted on SJ all week.

4. WS

WS Member

I guess this story has a happy ending. Pete is back blogging ... for FIUSports.com, the school's official website

http://fiusports.typepad.com/the-prowl/#tp

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm sure the Typepad blog pays for a nice 20-square-foot room at the Y.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

That is one butt-ugly website.

Draft saved Draft deleted