1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am taking my column and going home

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I'm The Herald, I let that run as written.

The writer looks bad, not the paper. In these times where teams are stopping covering pro teams in their backyard, that's not easy to do. But this guy looks like an absolute tool.

2. Former Herald FIU beat writer takes going-away shot at Paper

An image of the blog that was written by former Miami Herald FIU beat writer/blogger Pete Pelegrin can be seen here: http://thewizofpods.com/Media/PanthersProwl.jpg

Full story by NBCMiami.com can be se here: http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Heralds-Ex-FIU--98856569.html

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

That's how us journos would read it. I'd be willing to wager that many readers would be all HELL YEAH, SCREW THE HERALD FOR KEEPING US DOWN or something to that effect. They'd see someone raging against the machine and fighting for what's right and all that, regardless of how it reads or whatever shortcomings that surge of myopic pathos creates.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Shocking that that the local NBC affiliate would summarize the column point-by-point. I guess no one mentioned that the TV stations are bigger homers for the Hurricanes than the Herald probably is.

I did like the mention of the damning evidence of a Herald banner at Miami, except the purpose of advertising is making sure people see it.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

How did this guy get hired in the business, never mind there?

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Sparkling personality shined through in his interview.

7. what a loser

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Great tan.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What a child. Hope he had a job lined up before publishing that crap.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So Lamar Thomas was right after all. If you're FIU, you don’t come into the OB playing that stuff.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I didn't read this whole thread, but the whole "incident" about how his FIU basketball feature was supposed to be on the front page and wound up on Page 3 and wah wah wah -- "the decision was made higher up" (must have been those damn editors meddling in things again) -- made me want to gag, violently. News? Changes coverage plans? UM over FIU on 1C of the Herald? Oh, the humanity!!

12. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Nice. What a wonderful moment in college football pageantry it was, too, no?

Draft saved Draft deleted