1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am taking my column and going home

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 20, 2010.

1. CR19

CR19 Member

Isn't this the equivalent of a little league parent demanding that their teams get more coverage, only coming from a sportswriter's keyboard?

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

He just firebombed any bridges he had. Wow.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Wow, auditioning for a job in the sports information department, are we?

4. WS

WS Member

Pete had a passionate (not large, but passionate) following among FIU fans. Hate it see it go down like this. I know it's cute to say all 4 fans of a certain school, etc., and I laugh too, but not everyone's main rooting interest is a large BCS school.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fiusports/2010/07/hfkjdshfdkjsfhd.html

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What a baby.

Papers like Tampa and Jacksonville stop covering a school like Florida State that has won or contended for many national titles over the last decades and that whiny brat has the gall to bitch about a paper limiting coverage of a team that nobody gives half a shit about.

6. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

You beat me to the punch. My alma mater (and Hank Scorpio's, as well) is dangerously close to losing Division I-A (or whatever the heck they call it now) status.

7. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I'm guessing there was a reason why he spent nine years covering what had to be the lowest beat at that paper. South Florida preps is light years better than the FIU beat.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can't spell FIU without FU!

9. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

you mean all three of them...

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm waiting for anyone who covers the small DI schools in the L.A. area to blast their school's coverage in the their respective papers.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's funny how at some schools students and people who never even went there are huge fans.

At other schools, you can't even get the students interested. And FIU is definitely one of the latter.

Draft saved Draft deleted