1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am taking my column and going home

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Miami Herald's FIU beat guy, Pete Pelegrin, is quitting citing paper's reshuffled - i.e. cut down - coverage of FIU.

Quite the little kissoff piece. Surprised they ran it.

http://thewizofpods.com/Media/PanthersProwl.jpg

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You beat me to it, Evil. I just finished reading this. Talk about blowing up the Herald for being pro-The U.

The .jpg will be the only thing we'll see, because the Herald took the column down so fast on their website, I didn't have a chance to sneeze.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks the Herald should cover FIU like it covers the Dolphins and Hurricanes is quite delusional and should not be working for a newspaper.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Might be the lowest attendance in Division I-A football.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Maybe close, but I bet Eastern Michigan and some others might be the lowest.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I don't understand the issue. I can't think of any newspapers that cover airports in their sports section.

7. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Wow. Talk about burning bridges on your way out the door.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

An incredible combination of sour grapes and burning of bridges.

9. That's the nut.

But you have to give the guy credit for being dedicated to his beat.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It was still on the site around 10:20 a.m., so it vanished between then and when this thread started.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It would be very difficult to make a bigger dick of yourself on the way out the door.

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Both FIU fans in Miami are going to be very disappointed.

When I was SID-ing, we played basketball at FIU several times, and the game atmosphere had the feeling of a low-level high school game. No fans, no excitement, no nothing. But, on the bright side, since the school now has football, it dropped cheerleading and marching band to help pay for it. So they got that goin' for 'em.

Draft saved Draft deleted