1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am so stupid....I NEED TO GET A HAIRCUT (an ebay lesson thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Sep 20, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Hey, I don't have the tickets in my possession yet. You never know.

BTW, Marshalls rocks. I opened a new store today upstate and they got a ton of cool shit that we don't.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

The Marshalls we have in our town is ok but I have been to many others and they are really cool. Good, cheap clothes just my style.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

eBay is intoxicating, especially when you feel you really want something. Its truly the closest thing to "perfect competition" there is. There are millions of bidders out there and you are competing against them and the market is set. What I try to do is just remember what my limit is and do not lose sight of that, even when you are so close.

Remember, there will always be another posted in the future, whatever the thing is.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Sellers on eBay can be tricky sometimes -- you have to be careful on what you're buying.

For example, I've heard a lot of stuff that was sitting in warehouses in Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana during and after Katrina somehow found its way on the site. Computers, other electronic gadgets and the like.

Maybe it's still good. Maybe it's crap in a pretty box.

Caveat Emptor

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its all about the feedback. Check it, check it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted