1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am so sick of Glenn Beck and his followers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to mention that if there was ever a double-assassination to get one political party out of the presidency, the other political party would lose every election for the next 100 years.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Rapid-fire impeachment and conviction, with the assistance of fence-jumping Blue Dogs. The trials can be held as fast as a large voting majority wants them to be held.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If Boehner became president, at least a person of color would still hold office.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Phew!

It won't happen -- or even be attempted -- but I'm at least glad you weren't predicting the other thing.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's just not go there... Either impeachment or the other, because neither is ever going to happen.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is going to be an impeachment. No question. I would say there's about a 95 percent chance of Obama being impeached.

They'll never win, but he's going to be impeached, because the guy in charge of the House Government and Reform Oversight Committee once the GOP takes the House, Darrell Issa, is an impeachment hawk.

It's going to happen.

7. Dick Whitman

Cool. That I can get on board with.

The Republican vs. Democrat policy maneuvering is even palatable if you can filter out the rhetoric and other white noise.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Pubes hoped to take Clinton down, in a tit-for-tat re Richard ("If I do it, it's not illegal" . . . yeah, right . . . ) Nixon.

They'd lose even more credibility if they tried. Impeachment, based on what?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Which is one of Obama's best insurance policies. There are multiple reasons why one of the smartest bookmakers in the British Isles offered 15-1 AGAINST
    Obama being assassinated while in office.

10. Dick Whitman

Well, Issa said that offering a job to Sestak not to run was an impeachable offense. He's on record about that.

He'll find something, there is no question. He's constantly putting out press releases to that effect.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that you would predict that.

Short of a huge scandal that we're currently unaware of, I put the chance of even an impeachment vote at 0%

Impeaching Clinton turned out to be very unpopular & hurt Republicans.

Many on the right dislike Obama's policies & even see Constitutional problems with the health care bill as written (the mandate), but I don't know anyone who sees high crimes and/or misdemeanors or who is calling for impeachment.

Republicans would suffer massively at the ballot box in '12 if they attempted this strategy.

And, how would they also get Biden out of the way?

Besides, impeachment is like trying to shoot the moon in hearts, if you're going to go for it, you'd better be successful.

If Republicans know they couldn't both win an impeachment vote and then get a conviction in a Senate trial, why in the world would they attempt it?

I'll put money on this -- with no qualifier. There will not even be an impeachment vote in the full house before Obama or a new President is inaugurated in January '13.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No, it won't.

I think Obama has been a terrible disappointment, but it will NEVER happen. They're not that stupid. They'll try to beat him in two years (and likely fail) and then regroup for 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.