1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am so sick of Glenn Beck and his followers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't watch Beck. I just have a friend who think's he's right about everything, even when he's been proven wrong.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Why do people pay attention to this clown?
    It was the same with Lou Dobbs and the whole immigration thing 2-3 years ago. If you stop paying attention, they move on to some other act.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I am so sick of Glenn Frey and his followers.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm sick of parking garages that charge you to park. I'm sick of speed cameras, cold weather, Steelers fans, and soccer on Sportscenter.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

America is always going to have carnival barkers and cranks with a following. In their own weird way, they help keep America great and keep the rest of us on our toes.

I don't agree with Beck's ideology or his manipulation of facts, but one thing I do think he has brought to the table is a sort of antidote (which is weird because they are political bed fellows) to Sarah Palin's naked anti-intellectualism. With his convoluted arguments and his history lessons and warped Constitutional Law sessions, Beck seems to be urging conservatives to BECOME the "elite," rather than just railing against the educated classes.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes has spent years on this board bemoaning right wing wacko talk show hosts that a fraction of the country actually listens to. Its like a rite of fall. And winter, spring and summer.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Hotel California.

10. Don Henley was good in the beginning, but then he went too far.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But his concerts always ran on time

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But they sucked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.