1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am so damn fat ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Jan 9, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh no, I wouldn't post my weight. Just my weight loss for the week. Don't nobody need to know how much I weight, dammit!

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ewe's not fat ...

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That was quick.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Honestly, the LiveStrong thread is something that's really going to help me maintain. It's nice to have people with different ideas and encouragement. I highly recommend getting involved in that thread if you're serious gettin' healthy.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My problem with the LiveStrong thread is that it's far too much about getting into shape now, not so much about losing weight.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Can I report in here about trying to gain weight?

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Lend it to Flash.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Start a thread called 'SJ's Biggest Loser: The Weight Loss Challenge'......anyone can jump in at any time, by reporting their current weight and their ultimate goal. Everyone weighs in on Friday....if you lie, you're only lying to yourself. Your goal is to reach your goal...doesn't matter what anyone else does.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's a damned good idea.

Or, as Tomas would say:

solid.

:D

10. Hey wait a minute, that's the same idea I proposed two hours ago - except with a name that she stole from a TV show ... let's give credit where credit is due

<----------------- ;D

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I can see that.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sitting at 230 now, but I'm also a big guy who lifts a lot, so I really just want to get down about 15 pounds, mostly in gut. If I got to 215, with my body makeup, I'd be pretty happy. Just bought some new jeans and still fit comfortably in a 36, which is where I've been forever. If I had to go to 38, I think I'd cry.

I've cut down a bit on the weights and added a few more cardio sessions a week. Beer is my biggest weakness by far. And damn do I love me some beer ...

Draft saved Draft deleted