1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am so damn fat ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Jan 9, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Damn, dude. You just don't swing and miss, do you?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Of course not.

3. 6'2, 212. I'll be happy to get to about 190-195. It's tough now that I've not smoked in three months. I want to eat all the time. I've been eating tuna sandwiches on wheat bread for the last month and - like I said on another thread - still gained two pounds.

I notice we have three simultaneous threads about dieting and/or losing weight. I'm not complaining, but I think it's a sign that there's enough of us to collaborate somehow in our efforts without repeating the Livestrong thread. Anyone got any ideas?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Will you be my sponsor, W-b?

I, too, want to lose about 45 pounds to get back into my baseball shape and out of my watching six hours of Fresh Prince shape.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OUTING ALERT: mike is this guy -- or was

[​IMG]

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Awesome.

I'm 6-foot, 235. It was easy to go from 290 to 275, fairly easy to go from 275 to 245, not so easy to go from 245 to 235. And I've been stuck at that weight for two-plus years. My target is 215, but it didn't help that the gym at my complex has shut down until the new carpet arrives, which means very little running. Love to run on the treadmill, hate to run outside.

7. Sure Mike, anytime you're sitting in a pool of chocolate, caramel on your lips, preparing to mainline a Twinkie, you call me - I'll talk you down.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I had to give it up. Last September nearly killed me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, there goes my Flag Day ritual. ...

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Pussy.

Oh wait. I feel the same way.

But you're still a pussy :D

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Inertia's all well and good in Newton's world of theories, but this body in motion DOES NOT tend to stay in motion. It does tend to stay at rest once rested, though.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What do you have in mind?

Draft saved Draft deleted