1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am so damn fat ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Jan 9, 2008.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Bastards, the lot of you.

I always wanted to be 6-4 and 220 pounds. I got it half right. I'm still 5-8 and trying to get back below the Mendoza line.

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

That really should be working better than it is for me. I don't miss either, but...well...results would be nice.

3. Is that where your screen name comes from?

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I didn't go so far as to make an official New Year's resolution, but I'm 5-11 and weigh about 255, and I'm tired of feeling so heavy. So I'm backing down the caffeine, drinking lots of water and hitting the Chick-fil-A drive-through for salads and chicken wraps instead of burgers, pizza and fried chicken fingers. And I'm walking for no purpose other than to exercise. And damn if Kaylee didn't have to go and mention those fucking biscuits. You're going to hell for that one, man.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

In that case, he's be marshmallow bottom.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It's a shame that the sportswriter stereotype still exists. With some people's schedules, it's hard to work in exercise, but it's a must.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Be careful about those wraps. A lot of times they load 'em up with sauces that kill the perceived benefit.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I will admit, it's getting harder and harder to spend time body sculpting these days.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Stop going to lunch with the SIDs. That will probably help. Good luck.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Good point. Though how will I cultivate the sources to demolish the opposition? ;)

Eliminating fast food and sody-pops will help a lot. I will be even more bitter and mean-spirited for a while without all that sugar.

rb (The Rock's finishing maneuver)

11. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

True dat.

Between my job, a house and social obligations, it's getting harder and harder to both craft my rock-hard abs and lay down slamming beats in my home studio.

No one ever accused me of being a "Type A" personality.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

May I suggest going on an all-meth diet?

Draft saved Draft deleted