1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am not Freqpposter. but

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, May 17, 2013.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I decided to bail on work today and extend my long weekend (Monday is a holiday in Canuckistan). I took my 5 and half year old daughter to the zoo and got there right at opening.

I have since been chatted up by 2 different Moms with their kids that were more tham friendly. Forget Barnes and Noble, the zoo is a Freposter paradise.

Just passing this along if anyone has a zoo near a corn field in their city :)

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Take her to a water park and you will see a lot of moms doing everything they can to believe they are still 25.

Really anywhere with a little bit of sun. I will always be convinced certain privileges were available to me as the soccer coach if I had pursued them.

3. Any tramp stamps? That's a good sign the moms are willing.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Kids sports is a big soap opera in my area.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So what's the line at the zoo? Do you want to see the python?

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I work nights, my wife works days so I take my daughter to the 'Mommy and me' classes at the YMCA and while I may have done ok, the guy who taught the toddler gym and swim class could have had his pick of any of the stay at home moms in the class.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's not cheating if all the parties involved are bored with their spouses.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

There was never any chance I was not going to click on this thread. If anyone wants to surprise me with goatse or Tubgirl or anything else awful, just mention freq in the header and I'm hooked.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Apparently at least two moms do...

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ah, the zoo. A perfect place to take your daughter and a prepaid cellphone.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I take my daughter to story hour at the library most weeks. The first time we showed up I was the only dad there and there were a few comments about never seeing dads. I'm average looking at best and not in the best shape of my life but the next week there was more cleavage than a rock quarry. I told my single little brother that when he comes to visit Uncle CJ can take the baby to story time and thank me later.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If she comments on how pretty or cute the animals are, tell her you'd bet she's good at zoology

Draft saved Draft deleted