1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am floating today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seahawk, Jan 15, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I went through the same thing at right around a year ago this time.

Trust me, it gets so much better.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

super news. mrs. shockey had miscarriages before both shockey son no. 1 and no. 2 but had smooth sailing with no. 3. great job by you two to keep coming to bat! 8) :D ;)

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent advice, Inky. I used to love doing that. Of course, the little bugger still wants to use me as a pillow, which ain't quite as easy now that she is six.

Congrats, Seahawk. Enjoy this. It's a great time in your life.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Awesome stories, everyone.

And congrats, Seahawk!

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Congrats, Seahawk. I never had kids but some siblings have lived your story. Wishing nothing but good to you and the Mrs.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys for the next four months. Hopefully for the full term.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Congrats, Seahawk, and good luck.

One of my favorite memories is taking the ultrasound pictures and showing them to every person I saw.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wonderful feeling.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

WFW. Great stuff Inky.

My fondest baby moments with the princess and prince were during tummy time. I love how they would try to grab everything in sight - a toy, the remote control, a stray cracker, a beer can.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Congrats Seahawk

We too have had a couple setbacks so I know how heartbreaking it can be.

I got my wife a home version fetal heart monitor for about 150 bucks and it brought her a lot of comfort as we waited for our now 2 year old. I was pretty ambivelent about it as I would freak every time we could not find a heart beat but it brought a lot of comfort to my wife.

We are trying agin in the spring so hopwefully we will get to use it again.

Congrats!

11. May your first child be a masculine child

12. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Thank you to all for the kind words and wishes. Reading about your experiences only makes me more excited about the prospect of parenthood. Iron_chet, thanks for the monitor suggestion. I am all for anything that will help my wife relax.

Draft saved Draft deleted