1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am entertained beyond belief at the moment...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Nov 14, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

William Shatner, beautiful women in red dresses and a flaming gay guy as the contestant. Someone with a warped mind thought this up.

2. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Thought up what?

3. The Big Ragu

ABC.... Dumb game show I am going to be bored with soon. But the flaming gay contestant, who was just dancing like Jerry Lewis on speed, was made for this spectacle.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

This may be the dumbest show ever aired.
    This contestant makes Ross the Intern from Leno look masculine.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Old Jerry Lewis or young Jerry Lewis?

I ask because I saw Jerry on SVU a few weeks ago, and I don't think speed would get him in shouting distance of normal at this point, let alone fast.

6. The Big Ragu

Young Jerry Lewis, of course. The guy is also pretty dumb, which is just adding to the spectacle.

The question just now was:

"What country was the first to grant marriage status to same-sex couples?"

And Shatner said, "If you don't know the answer to this, there is no heaven."

Edit: He got it wrong. He said, Denmark, because he was pretty sure it was Amsterdam (which he thought is in Denmark).

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it was Amsterdam, so I'm going to say Vatican City.

8. The Big Ragu

Well, that was entertaining. They made the mistake of peaking with the first guest (was he the first guest, or the first one I saw?). Nobody will ever live up to that guy. They should just make him the permanent contestant, because in a minute I am turning the channel, never to watch this again.

9. The Big Ragu

Ha ha. The new contestant has a granite chin, is wearing a naval officer's uniform, went to Top Gun school and flies F-14s. Perfect.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Is it Goose, Maverick or Ice?

11. The Big Ragu

Iceman... After a lobotomy. I can't believe the shit he didn't know. I figured, "naval officer," has to have a brain. Nuh uh.

Example, "Which democrat lost his chance at the presidency in 2004 after yelling "Yeahhaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!" during his Iowa Caucus concession speech?"

Blank stare.

Too bad he isn't entertaining like the first guy. I've already moved on. Nothing to see here.

12. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Well, the guy could have been overseas when Dean did that.

Draft saved Draft deleted