1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am blissfully happy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Apr 5, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Does anyone have a link to the "25 years" One Shining Moment they showed Saturday? I love OSM and missed that one.... would love to see it.

2. One Shining Moment...FB Division.

[​IMG]

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Is that the Marquette title with Al McGuire?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome. Warriors rule.

Anyway, I hate One Shining Moment with a passion -- the Michael Boltonization of sports that eventually spawned John Tesh TV themes, etc.

But ... here's where Bubbler gets all Boltony and misty-eyed.

[​IMG]

The 1990 version should include most of the greatest moments in Ball State's hoop history, hopefully including the monster ass dunk by Chandler Thompson against UNLV in Ball State's Homeric two-point loss to the eventual national champions.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Bubbs,

I'm a little more partial to this photo.
    [​IMG]

And speaking of Chandler Thompson, I have a photo I took of him clearly outjumping Brian Nolan and cleanly blocking him during a game at Ball State. Forget the year, but Thompson was only a freshman or sophomore.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Clearly that's Earl Boykins, who was awesome, but didn't the '91 Hurons (pretty sure they were still the Hurons then) go to the Sweet 16 in the wake of Ball State?

Wither Marcus Kennedy?

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, they went to the Sweet Sixteen in 91-92, beating Mississippi State and Penn State before losing to North Carolina and Dean Smith in the Meadowlands.

It's a lot harder to find a picture of Kennedy or Carl Thomas or Charles Thomas or Lorenzo Neely quickly tho.

If I remember right, Hunsaker took the Cards to the Sweet Sixteen the year before the Hurons went.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

One Shining Moment, PDB version:

[​IMG]

Mike Kelley is still my all-time favorite Badger.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Lifesize photo of Boykins...

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I think I'll skip the 1987 one and go right to 2003.

11. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I'm planning on buying some or all once my hard drive on my computer at home is repaired. Is the 25 years of one shining moment for sale too?

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

In case any of you were curious, here's a link to the One Shining Moments from 1997-2006 that some blogger was kind enough to compile...
    Enjoy!
    http://tmastc.blogspot.com/2007/03/one-shining-moment.html

Draft saved Draft deleted