1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I always knew Gilbert was a gunner, but damn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you haven't seen "Sugar," check it out. If it's as accurate as many Latin ballplayers say it is, then it's largely because the Latin ballplayers' families count on that salary, and they've been in the business of baseball before even getting to America.

2. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

The NY Post story says the dispute was over a gambling debt.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/nba_gunpoint_R52AnT76DRgTSuVKDQ8XBO

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton approve.

4. If this story blows up like I think it might, Tiger Woods will be the happiest person in sports.

5. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Truer words were never spoken.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great lede.

"Guess they're still Bullets at heart."

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton are folk heroes. Just sayin.

8. Some good questions will come out if this is shown to be true. Did the Wizards know what went down? Did Flip Saunders? Was there a cover-up? Interesting to see it show up in the NY Post. I know that if I were a fellow player and nobody was doing anything about it in the organization, I'm definitely making that phone call to Vecsey or whoever else I may know in the media. I don't want those guys anywhere near the same locker room as me any more if I witness this go down. Get 'em the fuck out.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

problem is that no one outside of nba fans would even know who arenas is or care who he is so this isn't what will take attention away from tiger.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

As Bill Simmons (I know, I know) astutely pointed out, if Arenas is convicted of a felony, the Wiz get to void his massive contract.

11. They'll care that two NBA players were going Clint Eastwood in the locker room on each other.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Marques Johnson approves ...

"I'm going to my car ... get my other gun ... shoot everybody's ass."

(Massive movie reference fail as I couldn't find a picture of Marques from White Men Can't Jump)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.