1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I always knew Gilbert was a gunner, but damn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkLbLtE5Tg.NNL_liqvZhLc5nYcB?slug=aw-arenasprobe123109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Hopfully not a d_b.

This is beyond scary. If a player shoots and kills another player in the locker room, I do not even want to think what would happen to the NBA as we know it.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Steinberg's Bog has an excerpt from a story that claims Arenas and Crittenton drew on each other on Christmas Eve in a dispute over a gambling debt. Cripes. If true, I'd suspect both will face long suspensions. As they should.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/01/arenas_gun_story_kicks_off_201.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Long suspsensions? They'll be in jail w/Plaxico.

4. Moderator1

Yeah, good point. Deservedly so.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Gilbert Arenas is a weird dude. I get that. I don't follow him closely enough to know if he's "weird" or weird.

Maybe the tweets referenced in Steinberg's bog are performance art. If so, kudos, I guess. But if not? He's a raging asshole.

6. Moderator1

He's both. Weird and a raging a-hole.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That shit is stupid. And not funny. The narcissism level of a-holes is at Defcon 5, when you combined their ego with all the outlets for them to display said narcissism.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

DEFCON 1?

9. If the NY Post report is true, what punishment is enough? Are we talking possible lifetime banishment here for an NBA superstar?

10. Moderator1

What would happen to YOU if you and a colleague drew on each other in the workplace?
    Whatever it is, that's what should happen to them.
    Fired?
    Banished?
    Jail?

All fine by me.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I want to see video of that drawing guns on each other. There has *got* to be video of that.

12. I agree. This is worse than Artest charging into the crowd, right?

I'm honestly surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often in baseball, with so many teen-agers, many from abject poverty, crammed into miserable little clubhouses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.