1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I-AA Schools Now Eligible For Football Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

I'd vote them No. 20 if Michigan beats Florida. Michigan will be a solid Top 25 then

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Each of the two finalists in the I-AA beat a I-A bowl team. I know Delaware only beat Navy, but a bowl is a bowl is a bowl. App State, in my opinion, had it played in a non-BCS conference or the ACC, would have bowl eligible this year, maybe a nice bowl, too.
    I'd rank 'em. Remember, in I-AA, undefeated records are rare because in addition to the playoffs, there are fewer schools, so the good teams play each other more often.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Possibly the longest 60 seconds ever. :D

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Which is why many of us argued Stanford over USC as the biggest upset of the year.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Appalachian State would have been the best football program in North Carolina had Jim Grobe not turned things around the last 2-3 years in Winston-Salem. Wake Forest would beat Appalachian State now, but I somehow suspect that phone calls out of Boone for football dates in the future are going deafeningly quiet right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted