1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hygiene questions -- shaving and showering (with a poll)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 17, 2007.

?

Do you shave before or after you shower?

1. Before

27.7%
  2. After

44.5%
  3. During

24.4%
  4. Never shave (just like the Grizzly Adams look)

3.4%
  1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Rosie - I was thinking the exact same thing about Ragu's girl. "Man, I bet her skin is some flaky, dry epidermal layer of sandpaper."

On that note - I do like to take 2 showers a day. Way too often do I do that. And sometimes in the hot summer, I will take 3 showers. There's something about smelling nice and clean. But, I do have to deal with dry skin because of it.
    ----
    I shave after the shower. Plus, I also shave with COLD water (which is a tad tingly in areas). Learned in high school anatomy that your hair follicles react to the cold - standing up straighter -, thus when you shave, you're shaving off deeper down on the follicle.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh my God! Poor Strawberry Shortcake is freezing her pink ass off! :D

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What is this shower of which you speak? I asked my wife, but she just got this disgusted look on her face and walked away.... I think I hear her crying now...

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

BOING!!!! BOING!!! BOING!!!!

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

[​IMG]

Shave in the cold momentarily? OR
    Shave less often?

LESS OFTEN wins by a landslide.
    Hey, if us gals could shave standing up all the time and not having to contort our bodies in odd angles, then, you would want to shave with less frequency, too. :)

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Shave in the morning. I'm so bad at it that I need as much time as possible for the tiny cuts to stop bleeding.
    Work out.
    Shower.
    Live my life.
    Mrs. Editude isn't that picky about me, but if she hasn't showered yet, she's less inclined ...

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Shave post-shower. Unless I'm jammed for time, then I shave in the shower. If my wife can shave her legs in there, my stubble won't hurt anything.

Shower in the morning unless I'm working in the yard that day. Then it's a shower before bed, but I usually end up with nappy bed head as a result, thus forcing me to re-wash my hair.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Same here, FH.

If I reversed the process -- shave after shower -- the newsroom may think I'm some serial killer. There's been a few times I've been late for work because the bleeding just wouldn't stop.

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I'd like to thank everyone for ignoring DouchePack's lame attempt at jacking another entertaining thread.

Let's keep it up, not only here, but everywhere else.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I wish I could post a picture, Sxy. She has really good skin. I'm the one with the bad skin, not her. My skin gets really dry. I have to exfoliate it every day, use the neutrogena soap for dry skin and I use the neutrogena lotion on my face after I shower.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

pre-shower. the shower then cleans up any excess cream or nicks. morning shave followed by morning shower. suffices for the day. nothing grueling in terms of exercise for this dude. back in the more mobile days, showering a second time when called for, post-basketball game, love in the afternoon, etc.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Of course, none of that matters since beauty is only paper deep.

Draft saved Draft deleted