1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hygiene questions -- shaving and showering (with a poll)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 17, 2007.

?

Do you shave before or after you shower?

1. Before

27.7%
  2. After

44.5%
  3. During

24.4%
  4. Never shave (just like the Grizzly Adams look)

3.4%
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

fmrsped: You have a good memory. No, this isn't the Danish woman I've posted about. I still see her, but VERY casually. The relationship isn't going to go anywhere, but we've still been seeing each other--just less and less. She has no problems with my hygiene, and I have no problems with hers. She smells really good.

Rosie: This is a long-term girlfriend, whom I have known for years and have dated seriously on and off for an unhealthy amount of time. We came to a point, after not speaking for a year, where we started seeing each other again, but we are OK with each other dating others, too. She does shower a lot, but she doesn't have dry skin. She actually has really soft, perfect skin. It's just funny how adamant she is about me showering before I get into bed. If I refuse, I am not allowed into the same bed as her and I get ridiculed as if I am the biggest slob on earth. The irony is that both of her parents were born in European countries not exactly know for their hygiene.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I normally shave in the shower, if I'm not in a hurry I might shave before then rinse off the leftover shave cream in the shower.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I need to move to a big(ger) city. I'd like to get a little taste of some foreign blood. Ragu seems to have a monopoly on non-natives.

4. The Big Ragu

She was born in the U.S. She's as American as you or I. But her dad was French and her mom was Spanish.

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I just figured, with the Danish thing, and now this, you're into foreign blood.

That's what happens when I assume. ...

6. The Big Ragu

Nah. I don't have enough going on to be that picky. If I like her, and she's not repulsed by me, I don't care where she was born.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Ragu enjoys fantasizing about men in the shower.

This thread lets him do it.

It's the monthly "Ragu out of the closet, mixed with a tall tale" thread.

Here's a summary of Ragu's alleged events:

Mixing it up with hefty construction workers.
    Getting hit on by guys in the subway.

Add these to his fear of the universal use of steroids, and I think we have a clear picture of what's really going on here.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I shave in the shower. The process used to require a mirror, but my hand now does the trick (no quote function, fuckers). I can easily feel any missed spots and correct them. It just makes my neck feel a ton better.

Also, I've just tried a new shaving gel. Barbasol makes a new gel. It's pretty good -- does the job just as well as Edge and for half the price. Seriously, it's like a dollar.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I take an inordinately long, hot shower in the morning that includes a shave. I don't use a mirror, so the sideburns get a side trim at least once a week with the electric. I use the Neutrogena shave cream. I don't really have anything against peeing in the shower but, still, I like to empty the badder before I get in. On days when I'm home doing chores or out playing golf, I'll wait and shower in the late afternoon. I never shave on Sundays. It's my day off.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

shave before shower. tried shaving during showering but results weren't good. not enough light to hit the right spots (i have had a beard for about 9 years).

shower in the mornings. i work out almost every morning.

i don't know a soul who showers twice a day, but having said that, i don't think i've discussed it with anyone. i think generally you get to know people's showering habits -- roommates, girlfriends, say in a hotel room with a buddy a few days. none have ever been regular two-a-day'ers

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I takes baths instead of showers. I like to soak awhile. I use a hot, wet washcloth on my face to soften the bristles before shaving, and then I bathe.

Sometimes I will bathe twice a day if I am stressed after work and want to relax in the tub, or during the winter when my skin is dry so I can open the pores and rub in some lotion before bed.

I use an old-fashioned shaving mug with the soap disc and brush.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What kind of shaving are we talking about here?

I can delve as deep into the details as you want or as little.

Actually it doesn't matter. Eighty percent of the time, I shave in the shower. If I don't, then before the shower.

Draft saved Draft deleted