1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hygiene Question: Sharing the bathroom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 18, 2007.

?

Do you and your spouse/SO ever share the bathroom while one of you is using the toliet?

1. Never, some things are to be done in private

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Sometimes

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Sure, what's the big deal about bodily functions?

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

22 years of marriage.

No.1, sure (although me having her do it bothers me less than me doing it bothers her).

No. 2, nope. Door stays closed. If someone has to hand in a roll, the door is opened only enough to let in the roll.

On a tangent, this is how I found the most perfect use for cell phones. I called our house phone once when my wife was downstairs and I ran out of TP upstairs.

2. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I wonder how many of us that can't share are the ones who don't have children yet. That changes things in two ways.

First of all, dignity can be fairly low on the priority list during child birth. That tends to change how you see each other.

Secondly, once you clean up after a baby, nothing will bother you.

This may all be true. However, there isn't anything you could say that would justify me staying in the bathroom while my wife takes a dump, provided she is of full health. There is just no reason to share that experience.

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

On a tangent, this is how I found the most perfect use for cell phones. I called our house phone once when my wife was downstairs and I ran out of TP upstairs.

And here I thought I had that trick all to myself.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Once in a great while, if I really have to unleash a stream, my wife will let me in to use the toilet if she's showering.

The worst is when a giant number two starts percolating and she's in there taking her sweet-ass time. "Honey how much longer?" "Not much." So I pace back and forth...back and forth...back and forth...pick up a book because this is gonna be a long one...back and forth...toilet flushes...good God am I gonna be able to hold it...now the water's running GODDAMNIT WOMAN WE HAVE A KITCHEN SINK!!!!...water stops...YOU CAN AIR DRY YOUR HANDS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...door opens, dart for the toilet...giant relief.

What gets me is she says I take just as long as she does. WRONG!!! The other night, she woke up as I was in the bathroom. I finished, washed up and was out of there within 30 seconds. I can usually listen to a few verses of "Bohemian Rhapsody" in the time it takes her to finish as I beg for the room.

Ahh true love. :D

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I abandoned much of my dignity when I agreed to join the U.S. Navy. Terrible story, but the door's open, so TS. We're getting our induction day physical in downtown Houston before heading out to the airport and boot camp. The doctor's got a whole group of us guys bending over, showing our wide-spread rumps to all of downtown Houston through a window that I know for a fact is NOT tinted, asking us to cough, etc.

And when you sleep in the same room as 40 other "musical" sailors after bean night, you really just stop giving a shit (ha!) about scatalogical modesty.

P.S. The first time my little sister bazooked pooped me, my dad and my stepmom was the day I pretty much lost my fear of changing poopy diapers.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted