1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hurricane Matthew

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not to diminish what folks are facing in Florida (good to see the legendary Elbo Room in Lauderdale, one of my fave bars anywhere, determined to stay open as long as it can) and elsewhere, but this is undoubtedly my fave hurricane-related weather video (potentially NFSW)

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LongTimeListener likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

good?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I hope Floridians appreciate how much worse this could be.

If the track were only 50 or so miles further west, that would be your nightmare scenario.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My brother, sister IL and niece are hunkered down at the Blue Anchor Bar in Delray Beach. House is locked up, windows covered, provisions secured, they are just riding out the storm.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Father in law, his wife and my step in laws in Satellite Beach evacuated today.

Staying in Tampa and Orlando. Raised his boat as high as it would go on the lift but figures he will lose the roof covering the lift.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Instead there was a 10 mile move to the east taking West Palm (and where I live) out of the cone. Still expecting a tropical storm so I'm not opening the shutters yet.

Lots of people still in serious danger north of me.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I certainly hope all the Florida/Georgia/SC folks here are taking the appropriate precautions.

I've been off the net for a few days as several aircraft and crews from my unit in Honduras -- including me and half my company and helicopters -- have deployed east through the Caribbean to support relief efforts in Port Au Prince. We're island hopping -- Roatan to Grand Cayman yesterday, and Cayman to Montego Bay today before weather got us. Heading to Port Au Prince at first light in the morning. I've seen more ocean over the last two days than I've ever seen in my life -- literally .

We have a couple of crews there now that will begin ferrying relief supplies in the morning. With the death toll rising, I'm sure my piece of the puzzle will be answered sooner, rather than later.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If this thing goes the way it's looking, the Jacksonville Jaguars will be playing in London the rest of this year.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Mike Seidel on The Weather Channel is going to get nailed by that sign he's standing next to when it lets loose.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Best friend's MIL is in Daytona (west of I-95) and stayed put. Cousin in Charleston holding on to see what this thing does. Lots of friends and colleagues in Miami dodged things, but if it circles back, it's not over. Weird storm, especially this time of year.

Draft saved Draft deleted