1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hurricane Florence running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What's the paper towel situation?

lakefront likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

GFDL is apparently taking this hurricane off, since NOLA is not in play.

Batman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was hilarious to watch the coverage of Gordon, a fast-moving tropical storm/Category 1 hurricane, last week. The national news was treating it like they do any hurricane that threatens the Gulf Coast, like Katrina 2.
    Local news treated it for what it was: A rainy day.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I meant.

Something is screwy here. I wrote a reply that basically said that, and added that I wasn't ill wishing regular people. I'm still PO'd with him over Puerto Rico.

Post is not in the thread, and normally if I write something and don't post it, it stays in the reply field. That one didn't.

So yeah, I hope it rams the White House and Trump has to live without power for two weeks... which I know can't happen, but that was the spirit in which it went up.

No, I don't want you guys to die in a hurricane, and yes, I'll still post tweets, but that came off harsher than I meant it to.

I've ridden out probably twelve hurricanes, including three direct hits. They don't scare me much as long as I can prep for it... but if I got the warnings that went out for Katrina or Harvey, I'd have grabbed my bugout bag and moved on up the line.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Enough with the politics on this thread. We have a politics thread and one reason we didn't want to have one is because it shows up everywhere else. We're done here and if this shit continues, we're done there, too

That isn't just about the post above this one, by the way. I've seen it all damn day.

Doc Holliday likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.