1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huntsman Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Or Hillary in 2008.

The difference with those two is people knew who they were. Huntsman had almost no national name recognition and he had worked for Obama. That's two big marks against him (not for me, but for republicans in general...). I would argue he had far less name recognition than anyone in the field.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

McCain grabbing Palin is the worst run campaign in history just for that single move.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Hillary '08 is one of the worst run major presidential campaigns in the history of the United States. Might even be the worst.

Team Hillary's strategy would be like a basketball coach somehow getting to the Final Four, then not realizing you could only use five guys on the court at once. We can talk gaffes, gambits, and whatever else, but this is set in stone: The Clinton campaign couldn't do math.

Anyhoo.

Russ Feingold's career is over. He'll still make a few bucks here and there on the Kos circuit, but his time as a public servant has run out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see an eventual Elizabeth Warren push for 2016.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Rahm Emmanuel in 2016?

5. king cranium maximus IV

Hell, why not.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would pay serious money to have Emmanuel vs. Chris Christie in 2016. That would be the most entertaining election ever.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Hillary had the worst campaign in history? Wow.. hell of a lot of votes for the worst in history. Sure she made some whopper mistakes, but at least her name was on every ballot.

Let's watch the hyperbole, folks.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but as has been pointed out, her advisers didn't know the rules.

That's pretty fucking bad.

9. king cranium maximus IV

Hence my (admittedly vague) modifier: major presidential campaigns.

10. Hyperbole from the group on SportsJournalists.com that made Huntsman out to be such a wonderful candidate? That's unpossible.

Meanwhile Mitt Romney is quietly running perhaps the most effective campaign in history. Of the 92 Members of Congress who have endorsed any candidate - 63 are with Romney. Rick Perry is a distant 2nd with 13. Romney has extensive state organizations in every state and a very healthy campaign warchest. The guy will have the Republican nomination wrapped up up February 1st.

I wouldn't be surprised if Huntsman dropped out yesterday because Romney's people put pressure on Jon Huntsman Sr. to have his son stop with his fantasy campaign and face-up to the real-world realization that no member of the Huntsman clan would ever be welcome in a Romney administration if he kept it up.

Keep underestimating Mitt Romney.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

She had a lot of votes but for the "cost per vote", it was woefully ineffective.

I covered hillary in our state in 2008. Unbelievably disorganized. Especially compared with Obama and even John Edwards.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm nearly certain daddy's opinion played a huge roll in hid decision to drop out.

Daddy had enough money to fund a Super PAC that could buy all the TV air time possible.

Daddy had said some mean things about Romney early on. But, recently, he said some nice things about him. As soon as he said the nice things, I knew Jr. was done. When billionaire daddy is no longer on board, it's over.

Draft saved Draft deleted