1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huntsman Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't be too sure.

If Obama is reelected and there is any moderate economic upturn in the next four years, despite Teabag Nation's furious attempts to send the whole thing down in flames, by 2015-2016 the batshit-lunatic teabag banshees are going to sound shrill and worn-out (this is happening already). People will be very tired of the endless shrieking/hectoring/lecturing from the fringes of the hyena gallery, and they may be more willing to go for a (gasp) "moderate Republican."

Plus, if there has been a moderate recovery and we get to 2016 without the scary M.N. imposing Sharia Law on the U.S. and replacing the National Anthem with "Fight The Power," Huntsman's former status as an Obama administration functionary may no longer be the utter mark of death it is in the current GOP.

In the meantime the Dems have no (zero zip zilch none nada) heir apparent for 2016.

If Huntsman can move to the front of the "adults in the room" crowd in the GOP by 2016, he could be running against a Dem non-entity.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My guess is that he has a decent shot at Secretary of State under Romney and, otherwise, has some name recognition now to run in 2016.

The Obama administration smartly sabotaged his candidacy from the get-go by releasing his gushing thank-you letter to Obama for his appointment in the administration.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I will miss his "debate drinking game" whenever Huntsman mentions that "I speak Mandarin Chinese" (1 drink), "well, I lived in China" (2 drinks) or when he actually breaks out some Chinese, as he did on Romney last time (5 drinks).

What an unbearably pompous debater.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Thing is, with Newt in the room, he looks downright humble.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I always hoped he was running more with 2016 in mind than anything else. Romney effectively played for the next race in 2008, and people actually knew who the f he was this time around.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I hope Obama enjoys my vote.

7. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Right now, if I had to put money on who will end up the Democratic presidential nominee in 2016, I'd put it on Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York.

8. JPsT

JPsT Member

Of all the people on those stages, you pick him as unbearably pompous?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's as good a wild-shot-in-the-dark guess as any other, but that's all it is.

Nobody in the current administration has a chance in holy hell. Hillary and Biden are too old, and nobody else is making any impression.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Meet Russ Feingold.

11. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Not having an 'heir apparent' is a good thing for the Democrats.

In the last 50 years, not one of the three Democrats that were successfully elected to the Presidency (Carter, Clinton & Obama), was considered the 'heir apparent' five years before their election.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

*Last 46 years. LBJ was re-elected in 1964.

Draft saved Draft deleted