1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hunger Games?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Mar 30, 2012.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Huh? What exactly would that be?

I wonder if I "look and move" like a math teacher's daughter.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just finished reading the series, and I think she tried packing way to much into the last 75 pages. Plus, people just seemed to be killed just to be killed and there were a couple of "how did they get there?" moments.

I also cannot imagine the Mockingbird being anything below R.

Great series. Disappointing ending.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

There was way too much packed into the final book, but it was still a good read.

I kinda wish the author had saved a lot of stuff in Mockingbird for a fourth book, but oh well.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Would have watched three hours of the setup. really well done.

The game itself? It was OK. Copout ending.

But what rating should MockingJAY get?

Dammit, apparently there's a fourth book I need to get.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My bad, but you get the point.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I agree with the final confrontation. I mean, how much would have it taken for the water to have dried up around them and a line of dialogue be written about it? Fifteen seconds?

Disagree with the dogs. Faces I can understand, but some other way to tie them in? I thought that was an important part of the final scenes, another way to screw with them.

The one thing that drove me nuts -- and I really don't think this is a spoiler here -- was the cat. The cat's name is Buttercup, and it's a yellow tiger in the book. Really? This franchise is going to make a gazillion dollars and they couldn't have found a yellow cat? Pissed me off from the start.

I think I would've loved the movie if I'd waited until afterward to read the book or read it months ahead of time. I was way too picky.

As far as the books go I really enjoyed the whole series. I think they are really dark but it's only until the last part of the last book that I'd caution parents against it. Maybe by that time the kids who started watching the movies now will be able to get into an R-rated movie. I really can't see how they get around it unless they completely change what happens in Mockingjay.

On final thought -- the kid who plays Peeta seems about six inches shorter than Katniss. Just no.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Stupid auto correct on my phone changed it.

But there's not a fourth book. I was just saying it'd be nice if there was one.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is that the older crowd's version of going to AA to pick up chicks? Going to Movies for Mommies to get MILFs?

Draft saved Draft deleted