1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hunger Games?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It really is. What a shame.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I feel for the people who can't sympathize as much with the characters because they're black. Even though they're black in the book too:

http://blogs.wSportsJournalists.com/speakeasy/2012/03/30/hunger-games-tweets-spur-debate-about-racism/

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://www.happyplace.com/14941/if-the-hunger-games-was-made-by-other-directors

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I saw this when it was called The Running Man.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

No, you didn't.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I already ordered this from Vivid Video. It must be a typo that it's called Hung Games.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's funny; my version is called Huger Games. Vivid must need a copy editor. I'm in.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was mowing my lawn yesterday and I stopped to chat with my neighbor. While we were chatting, his wife came home from the grocery store and he walked over to help pull the bags out of her trunk and she yelled, "I told you, STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!"

He explained that they had seen Hunger Games the previous night with another couple and he remarked about how hot Jennifer Lawrence is. His wife said, "You have a teenage daughter. How can you make a comment like that about another teenager?" I pointed out that Lawrence is in her 20s and he said, "Yeah, but the character is younger in the movie and I don't think that would help my case."

I can't wait to see it.

9. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Reminded me of "Condemned" that awful Steve Austin movie..

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'll read the last couple chapters on my train ride home tonight but, unfortunately, this seems like a pretty apt assessment.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading the books and I've had a lot of fun discussing them with my daughter so I have a prettyfavorable overall view of the trilogy.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA!

Luckily my wife doesn't care when I comment on such actresses. I just saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and was drooling over Knives (who is 15 in the movie, but is like 24 in real life). Mmmmm, me likely them Asian females.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I get what they were going for in Mockingjay, but it fell flat. If they want to make a movie franchise out of it, they can probably get a couple of films out of Catching Fire, then go in a different direction while touching tangentially on Mockingjay's story.

Draft saved Draft deleted