1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humor Columns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MGH, Feb 8, 2010.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

...generally aren't very humorous.

2. Reggie Hayes out of the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel still writes a "cheap shots" column which has been known to be picked up by a few other papers. He is pretty effortless, which makes it work, of course, I work with him, so I'm a bit biased. The competition tried to follow suit, but it's cringeworthy more often than not. Actually, it's always cringeworthy.

3. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

We've been over this one before...it is just once a year.
    Everyone has their own opinion, but I think Collier's Trite Tophy is masterful (and not just because I work w/ the guy):

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09361/1023879-150.stm

4. House

House Member

My small paper has one, but it's only funny if you're over the age of 65 and severely out of touch with modern times.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Leno writes it?

6. MGH

MGH New Member

What is the name of the small paper?

7. MGH

MGH New Member

Sadly[?]... numbers 2 and 3 will have to be removed from JackFinarelli's list.

8. NCWCsports

NCWCsports New Member

We still run a speak up for people who live in the area, so it might as well be a humor column. One lady sent this in.

"I just moved to Rocky Mount, and I must say, I'm disappointed. Everywhere I go there are orange trash bags lined up every 100 yards or so filled with trash. I'm not sure who is throwing this garbage on to the road, but I'm doing my very best to pick up these bags and put them in the proper place. Come on Rocky Mount, we can do better."

If you haven't figured it out, the orange trash bags are the roadside service our inmates perform. They pick the trash up and someone throws the garbage away a couple days later. We laughed about that Speak Up for months.

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That's Rocky Mount for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted