1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, Dunkin Donuts sells healthy food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When I saw the headline on Yahoo I laughed. Dunkin Donuts. Healthy. And yet we stupid humans will buy into it.

2. Oh, I know it's the devil, which is why 90% of my diet is organic. If high fructose corn syrup was ever made illegal like it is in other countries, this country's economy would probably be worse.

3. Songbird

King Corn is a great movie. I've altered my diet since then. It's hard not to eat something with corn syrup. Really hard. I haven't gone the organic route 100%, maybe not 25%. But I'm also steering clear of the corn.

Eating (most) fast food = you're eating one big pile of corn.

4. I'll have to watch that movie. Is it in the same category of Supersize Me where they attack the industry?

5. Songbird

Not attacking. It's often humorous, and a great idea by the Yalies (who are related through Iowa corn; a gread sidestory). It's informative more than anything.

What I came away with is how pervasive the corn industry is in our food supply. Everywhere. And almost impossible to get away from unless you do your homework.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The point that the average American farmer can't feed himself off his own farm anymore -- because he's likely growing this hybrid corn for corn syrup, which is gross to eat off the husk -- stuck with me the most. By the time their product gets to us, it's even more gross.

7. Songbird

That, too, playthrough. Farmers aren't growing edible corn. It's engineered corn meant to be turned into corn syrup or whatnot. When the two guys pulled their first corn from their one-acre plot and tried to eat it but had to spit it out ... that was sad.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Gawdammit! If I can't eat corn and nuked flatbread, what the fuck can I eat!??!?

The terrorists are winning again!

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And with that comes the latest sign of the Apocalypse.

Draft saved Draft deleted