1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, Dunkin Donuts sells healthy food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 30, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Placed here because in spite of an AP story's existence, it's not really news ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080730/ap_on_he_me/dunkin__donuts_healthy_menu

Indeed, Will? You mean some choice that doesn't cause customers' arteries to audibly harden when they take the first bite?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is really actually really healthy, as opposed to most places where the "healthy menu" usually means, "healthier than a Big Mac dipped in bacon grease."

I never thought Dunkin Donuts would be the first fastfood place I can get an egg white sandwich.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just don't change the hot chocolate, and I'll keep going there.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

With Ghostbusters being one of my all-time favorite flicks, 2MCM gets kudos for one of the best thread titles in a long time.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Portfolio did a story some time back on the new trend of serving unhealthy food at fast food places, aka the Hardee's strategy.
    At the time, they were testing out a sandwich that would have been 3,000 or 4,000 calories plus. It was insane and I don't know if they have rolled it out.
    The CEO described it as a sandwich where you had meat, then more meat and then more meat as a condiment.
    Burger King has some pretty crazy offerings as well.
    So an egg white sandwich seems to be bucking that trend.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I'm sorry, but I want healthy food, I'm not going to McDonald's/Burger King/Dunkin' Donuts etc. to get it. I'm going to Subway or some other sandwich shop.

Hell, if I want a pizza, I'm not going to Dunkin' Donuts either.

Hits and misses.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Subway isn't super healthy. Their meats are high high high in sodium.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Subway's meats also have no flavor.

My town just opened up a Dunkin Donuts and I checked one out the other day...89 cents for one friggin' donut? My favorite independent bakery does 'em for 44 cents. I think DD's glazed are the best but they're not twice as good as the next best.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Subway sucks...

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My favorite thing about Mizzou...he makes a declarative statement like the one above...then uses ellipses to make you want MORE of his thought...sneaky...

11. It's sad that many people will fall for this type of stuff. They don't take into account things like high fructose corn syrup and the many chemicals that are used to make and cook supposedly healthy food. I'm sure they nuke it in the microwave as well. A little radiation with your flatbread? Why not?!

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

High fructose corn syrup is the devil, and he is everywhere. Watch the documentary "King Corn".

Draft saved Draft deleted