1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hugo Chavez: nut job

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The guy's a fucking dictator who treats his people like shit. Without oil he's another banana republic stooge with no audience.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As nutsy as this guy is, I don't think the U.S. should be giving lessons on diplomatic etiquette.

3. Armchair_QB

Oh, I really think we should.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, you'd better make sure John Bolton and George Voinovich enroll in the class.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

No one is saying Chavez is a hero, Tony, although it appears you believe that to be so. By all means, yes, let's attack the Democrats for not defending an opposition party leader who is termed the devil by a foreign power. Let's arrest the users, not the dealers. Good logic.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Lotta respect for the way Rangel and Pelosi called out Chavez.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

OK, so Chavez said some crazy things.

Why is everybody so upset? It's not like he called Jay Marotti a nasty name. ;)

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I hear you. The first Mass at my current church months ago, the priest comdemned the Dixie Chicks. So yeah, huge shock this story was.

9. Armchair_QB

Didn't hear Pelosi but Rangel's "call out" had all the sincerity of a hostage video. Try and show a little emotion there Chuckles.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I must've missed the flood of insincere hostage videos.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Republicans should be thrilled to death. Chavez is the only person who can unite voters FOR Bush these days, he's the magical formula they've been looking for.

If Roger Ailes could pull it off, he should give Chavez his own Fox News show.

Draft saved Draft deleted