1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hugo Chavez: nut job

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. What was Chavez's crazy comment?

That the U.N. doesn't work?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dead solid post Tony. Whether you agree with Bush or not every citizen of this country should be outraged at the comments of Chavez.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'll tell you, Ralph Reed is gonna have some explaining to do about all these meetings with the devil.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/20/white.house.abramoff.ap/index.html

By the way, loved -- LOVED -- the White House defense in this. "Might reveal how we receive advice." Like anyone has any doubts about how they receive advice at this point. It's one simple question from Bush: What I can do to make sure you rich guys make more money?

Kill Americans with an unnecessary war? You got it. Squeeze the cash out of the average citizen? Certainly. Wreck the deficit with tax cuts? Not a problem, boys. Screw over the hourly worker every time we can? Sounds like fun.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dog, what does that have to do with Hugo Chavez showing himself to be a low-class ass?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Every Sunday for eight years, people heard in church how Clinton was the devil.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Not a thing. Sort of like how a new synthetic oil has nothing to do with it.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Chavez was in our house. Ya gotta protect the house. Where's Ray Lewis when ya need him?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Or Pat Robertson.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You know, Chavez might be a nut and all, but really, argue with this:

"Their freedoms are restricted through the Patriot Act. They are sent to die in Iraq for no reason. The people of the United States are being deceived," Chavez said.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I disagree, being that we're the leading consumer of oil from Chavez's country. Stop sending money his way and he becomes more marginalized.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You believe our oil money makes Chavez and his comments more relevant somehow? The guy's the president of a country. He went to the UN and called the US president the devil. Doesn't matter if we're buying oil from him or not, story still plays the same.

I think Chavez is a nut, just for the record. But he had every right to voice his opinion and criticize this country and the UN. Not to mention, it plays well for him at home with the voters. What's worse? What this nut said or what our president has done to win elections?

12. markvid

markvid Guest

And here you go, Tony...Dems are bitch-slapping Chavez publicly.

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20060921/2006-09-21T164325Z_01_N21334844_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-VENEZUELA-USA-SPAT-DC.html

Draft saved Draft deleted