1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hughes No Hitter Alert

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 1, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He's absolutely supposed to be the future. But he's a LONG ways away. Ruben Rivera was the truth, too, in the SAL.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He would have helped a lot, with tonight being a great indication of that.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Hughes wasn't lights-out, but he wasn't exactly shelled, either. I think him having a mediocre debut was the best thing for him: he didn't jack up the hype to unreasonable levels, but he wasn't beaten up-side the head (and against a dangerous Blue Jays lineup) so much so that his confidence would take a hit. But this injury obviously changes the equation. If I was the Yankees' trainer, I'd invest in a kevlar vest, change my phone numbers and hire a food-taster.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

c/s

Few Yankee fans I know of like him if any. Why is this one of the few things George doesn't listen to when it comes to catering to us fans?

Get rid of him.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I am close to saying I think Hughes is going to be a bust in the Majors eventually. I am close...I am not saying it.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Sarah Hughes might throw a no-hitter?! Sweet! :)

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Kerry Wood is advising Yankees pitchers to stay away from hot tubs.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Nah, I think he and Prior are telling him to avoid Dusty Baker at all costs. A mere handshake might cost him five years.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Because George wants nothing but cheerleaders in his broadcast booths.

And when the fuck did George ever cater to the fans?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Go ahead, I dare you.

11. To quote our national baseball writer: "This is karma for starting Carl Pavano on Opening Day."

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i am thinking mayfly should worry about the phillies and not worry about the yankees and their prospects.

Draft saved Draft deleted