1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hughes No Hitter Alert

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 1, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Just caught that on SportsCenter too as I was surfing.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's a damn shame. I might not like the Yankees, but I did want to see the kid pitch. It's a shame that it happened when it did.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2007 Yankees season: R.I.P.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

fixed :'(

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

FWIW, AP saying "expected" to miss 4-to-6. Guess it could turn out to be not nearly as bad tomorrow ... though I'd doubt it.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

The way this season is going, I'll be happy if he's on a mound in Tampa by the trading deadline. Excuse me while I jump off the GW.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, Pavano could save the season...

Pavano can teach the kid all about throwing no-hitters in simulated games...

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Was Hughes really going to be the savior of the Yankees? Isn't Tabata supposed to be the next Carlos Beltran but with more power and speed? Hughes dominated the minors, and then got shelled in his first game up, and then comes back against a Rangers team that was no-hit by Buehrle. When he comes back, I can see him getting shelled again. The Rangers may have a potent line-up when they are all on, but like Josh Towers said about Sammy Sosa, "[They] have a lot of holes in their swing"

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Tabata's still only 18 and not about to crack an outfield of Matsui/Damon/Abreu anytime soon. And hitting hasn't exactly been the Yankees' biggest problem.

Hughes could help the Yankees by just being a better-than-servicable pitcher. Would be easy to collect wins allowing only four or five runs over six or seven innings, you would think.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Where is Tabata now? In AAA?

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

High-A Tampa, it looks like

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The last thing I heard about Tabata was that he is the supposed futureboy for the Yankees as well as the majors. IMO, It seems that pitchers who dominate the minors have an easier road to the majors than hitters who crush the minors' pitching.

Draft saved Draft deleted