1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huggins to WVU??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bullwinkle, Apr 5, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

They also purchased many Bradley and Bucknell shirts. But they're burning their "Huggieville" shirts.

Tools.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Huggy is all about commitment ... to a school (Kansas State, one year), to the kids education (what, they have to go to class?) and cutting corners to win.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Writing Irish — You are SOOOOOOOOOOOO right about KSU fans. I'm a big follower of the Bluebird of Cocksuckery, and would dearly love to go “Nanny Nanny Boo Boo” and “TTTThhhhhhbbbbbppppppppttttttttttt” to those KSU folks I know who have given me so much shit over the years.

But, I am a bigger man than that. :) :D ;D

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

I hope Huggy Bear's balls fall off. This guy is a major dildo

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

WVU might become the first school to get the death penalty in two major sports. Ol Rich has raised a couple of eyebrows with his recruitment of a couple of southern boys in the past.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'll say this for the Bluebirds: the John Brown Jayhawk statue in Lawrence is actually pretty cool. I may make fun of the KU mascot, but the anti-slavery origins of the Jayhawk name itself (and the Border War history of Lawrence) are something of which KU folks should rightly be proud.

I've lived around Mississippi State fans, Texas A&M fans, Texas Tech fans...all devotees of "ag" schools with an inferiority complex vis-a-vis their in-state rivals. Those fans in no way compare to KSU fans in terms of being loosers. The fact that, as kingcreole pointed out, they would go so far as to buy Bradley and Bucknell shirts only shows how freakily fixated they are on the Bluebirds. I'm greatly amused today that their Faustian deal with Sluggins fizzled.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I wonder whose fans bought the most Bradley and Bucknell shirts, K-State's or Mizzou's?

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Actually, I hear Cleveland State is PISSED about this. They know what's coming.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I don't know, but I'd venture a bet to say Mizzou.

Trivia question:

Who has beaten Kansas in men's basketball more since 1994: Kansas State, Bradley or Bucknell?

10. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Safe bet they're all tied at one win?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Jst realized, after reading his bio, that I saw Huggins play at my school as a collegian. He wasn't as memorable as Alan Bristow or Len Elmore, I'll say that.

Draft saved Draft deleted