1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huggins to WVU??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bullwinkle, Apr 5, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Poor K-State. They're always doomed to be not quite good enough.
    [​IMG]
    Get your "Huggieville" t-shirts on eBay for free...you pay only shipping! :D

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Can it still be called Bennettville (like Huggins suggested) for 7-3 stiff Jason Bennett?

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good for K-State ... Huggy's just not worth it.

Morgantown going from Beilein to Huggins? That's a fall off a mountaintop.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And at least K-State got a Nike deal -- I believe it's six years, $12 million -- basically because of Huggins.

They might not like the fact that he up and left so quick, but without him there, they never would have seen that money. Or turned the program around as quickly as they did in one season.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hey! I just saw Huggins slither past my house on the way to Morgantown. Should I go pour salt on him?

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Uh.......K-State has been a NIKE school for 10+ years now.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You and your facts.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wait a second...Huggy Bear has his Master's?

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Good one, IJAG. I was on my way to the bank and I was listening to WHB interviewing the K-State pbp guy, Wyatt Thompson. He sounded like Huggy Bear shot his dog, took his wife, and pimped his daughter out on the street he was so surprised and saddened that Thuggins is going home.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

K-State fans are the biggest losers and whiners that I've come across.

They taunted Bluebird loyalists who were bitter about a certain coach's defection to UNC. Now, they're just as if not more pissed off when Sluggins (thanks, Bubbler) bolts after one year. Whining, bitching purple pussies.

11. um, k-state may have worn nike but there was no money involved. they did just get a school-wide deal thanks to huggins.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not for all sports, with Nike picking up the tab. I couldn't find the SI.com link, so yes, I am settling for the K-State Collegian here ...

K-State joined an elite group of universities by signing a $12.3 million contract to have all 16 varsity sports sponsored by Nike.

The deal makes K-State one of less than 12 universities to be fully compensated by Nike, said Bob Cavello, associate director of athletics. He said the contract also helps K-State to compete with the country's big-money programs.

Nike's relationship with K-State began with a football contract in 1995. The men's and women's basketball teams were the next sports to be Nike sponsored.

Before this year, all K-State varsity sports teams were able to buy Nike apparel at wholesale through an in-house account.

http://media.www.kstatecollegian.com/media/storage/paper1022/news/2006/09/01/News/KState.Inks.Deal.With.Nike.To.Cover.All.Varsity.Sports-2254936.shtml

Draft saved Draft deleted