1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huggins to WVU??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bullwinkle, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Rumors are swirling that Huggins is mulling over a decision to leave Kansas State after one year for West Virginia, his alma mater. Tough call, given that he's got Michael Beasley and the #1 recruiting class in the nation at KSU. Should be interesting, an announcement is expected today.

EDIT: all of this is from Andy Katz' ESPN insider blog :)

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The AD who didn't like Huggins a few years ago when Huggy almost went to West Virginia is gone. Perhaps now WVU is ready for a coach who doesn't expect his players to be students.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Plus Morgantown's small enough that he can walk home from the bar.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And the Little Apple isn't that small?

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Heard this on the radio last night. The KSU nation is collectively holding its breath, so said the raido guys, but they think he will stay at KSU. Don't know how they got inside his head. Of course, the radio station guys are KSU homers.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, when a coach leaves, that means that players can de-commit, right? Which means they could always follow Huggy to Morgantown if they so desire?

7. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

As a lifelong K-State fan, I say ....
    "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COACH HUGS, DON'T LEAVE!"
    There, I said it, and I feel like a whore for it.
    I'm gonna have to take another shower now.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Have any of them signed letters of intent? If not, none of them are committed to anything or anywhere. They can change their minds whenever they want.

9. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

810WHB radio in Kansas City reporting that Huggins and WVU have agreed to a contract

in principle. Not sure what that means.

host Frank Boal credited Tim Fitzgerald from GoPowercat.com with the scoop

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Now Billy Donovan has another job to consider...

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Just to give due credit, I read this on Sportsline.com yesterday (Gary Parrish).

Huggins would have gone to West Virginia years ago (when he was at Cincinnati), except he wouldn't leave his girlfriend. I'm guessing he doesn't have that problem in Manhattan, Kansas.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Probably money's in the ballpark, but details need to be hammered out.

Draft saved Draft deleted