1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huge, huge sports story that won't (but should) get extensive coverage ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Dec 13, 2012.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I've seen my buddy seriously blade/slice a 5 iron 170 and watched it hit 10 yds short and roll all the way in. UGLY!!! Not fair.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Had just three-putted from about 12 feet. Steam rising through my collar. Had around 170 to the pin and about a club's worth of a helping wind. Hit a 6-iron nice and high with a pretty little draw. Ball landed about six feet away and then just took a nice little stroll into the hole. It really would have been a great shot, even if it hadn't gone in. Even better news was it was Thursday. Had it been a Friday or a Saturday, I'd have been out a couple hundred bucks!

Also should note ... I made double-bogey on the next hole.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

Fucking amateur.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Inevitable PBFU (post birdie/eagle f*** up) right?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Congrats.

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Fuck you.
    Not for getting the hole in one, but for being able to play. It's cold up here and apparently bringing a 16-month old to the course is frowned upon.
    Congrats.

7. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Congrats, Doc.

First time I ever played golf, at age 11 or 12, I hit a drive to within three feet of the hole on a 120-yard par-3. And then I three-putted. That told me all I needed to know about golf.

And I've never come that close again.

9. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

Congrats! Damn, 170 yds is pretty impressive. I had my first one in September on a 110 yd hole, after only about 30 years of trying. About 10 years ago I put one in the hole off the tee after shanking the first one into a pond, but that was just a good par.

It was a really strange feeling to finally have it happen. Did you card a solid round? I shot an 83, which considering the course I was playing and my current skill level was not terribly impressive.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's awesome Doc. I've never got close off the tee. Hell I celebrate when I hit the gree on on a Par 3. i have one buddy who has, when he was 12. He hasn't since either. I've holed out from the fairway acouple of times on my shitty home course with sand greend, but that's about it.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Bump ... Got another one! Nine-iron from 127 yards ... one bounce then about five feet of roll.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Congrats!

If I ever make one, I'm retiring from the game right then and there.

Draft saved Draft deleted