1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee made a funny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 18, 2007.

1. KG

KG Active Member

Republicans and Democrats alike pull out the "separation of church and state" (although those specific words are not in the Constitution) when it is convenient to their cause but leave it alone as if it did not exist when it is not.

I'm throwing that card, because I'm making a point that no matter how strong or weak their religious walk may be, I'm tired of it being a staple of their political run. I'm also sick of all the people that flock to them just because they say they are Christian--and I'm a freaking republican Christian.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That is only because your egg nog is missing rum.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Then, you take the next logical step: Drink the rum, skip the nog.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The words are not specifically there, but their meaning is. But, I agree that religion is a card played much too often. I would argue that most Democrats appear to be doing so because they feel they have to or nobody with religious conviction will vote for them; consider the issue of the flyers saying the Bible will be banned if a Dem is elected.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Fuck that noise! The egg nog is a must this time of year.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't drink anything called nog.

I don't mix dairy and booze, with the exception of a white russian.

Rules to live by, Pastor.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I'm all about the nog. Kids bikes don't really need seats or brakes anyway.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Your enjoyment of white russians can easily be seen by your web browsing history and communist leanings!

As to booze... I figure if that if it tastes good going down, it won't be too bad if it comes back up. Or, make sure you are so bloody hammered that if/when it does come back up, it will all be forgotten in the morning.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

How about a Nog-a-saki? Three parts nog, one part saki. Most places won't make it.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And, this in.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071219/pl_nm/usa_poll_politics_dc;_ylt=Ar1W8Gv_r.u1FNn4V4OctDCyFz4D

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Go Huck Go!

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Huckabee and Tancredo (maybe), Huckabee and Guiliani (probably not), Huckabee and The Guy Who Joe L's Endorsing (probably not). It's probably a stronger ticket with one of these other guys on and Huckabee getting a taste of the hell that D.C. is before diving in. As much as I like the guy, and as good a politician as he is, he might be a Carter-in-waiting, a sign of another Baptist that was overwhelmed by that world. But hey, Demos, it can't be any worse than the guy you've taken shots at for eight years, can it?

Draft saved Draft deleted