1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee made a funny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 18, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I can't stand Huckabee, but when that douche Bill Donahue goes after him, Huckabee must be doing something right.
    For background, Huckabee is running an ad in Iowa wishing people a merry Christmas and that Christ is the reason for the season.
    So Donahue says ...
    Huckabee says ...
    But then this is the funny part.
    That just made me laugh and laugh.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Well, I'm sure Jesus would approve of his miraculous birth being used to score political points.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Please God let Huckaby win the nomination...

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You might be sorry you asked for that.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I would hate for Huckabee to be president, but the man's a brilliant politician. Something about those men from Arkansas, I guess.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I know. I thought about that before I posted. I'll chance it.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Those fuckers from Arkansas are pretty damn smooth, no?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've been telling anyone who would listen that he's twice the politician of anyone else he's up against.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

your sarcasm reaks of a man who has visited arkansas.

10. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

Does anyone trust these campaign platforms anymore?

Hell, you know they're beholden to Big Business for whatever Big Business wants.

Everything else is just rhetoric for the TV cameras. And people just suck this shit up, then vote for the cute guy.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Donahue is a punk. He's comes off like he's the Grand Wizard of the Knights of Columbus. He just about the worst representative of the Catholic faith I can think of.
    I'm sure he's one of those guys who shows up early for Mass and sits in the front row to make sure everyone sees him, sings louder than everyone during the songs and makes sure everyone knows that he doesn't need a prayer book to recite the various prayers said during the mass. He's probably the first one down on his knees when it comes time to kneel, and the first one to stand when it comes time to stand. I know guys like this, they try and make up for all the screwing around they do during the week with a big show on Sunday. Total punk.

12. I also believe, with his obsessions aout Hollywood and "anal sex," that the man has a rich and, ahem, varied sex life.
    As for the Huck's brilliance, let's see how he does now that he's ahead.

Draft saved Draft deleted