1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee: Journalism is dead

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by budcrew08, Sep 14, 2009.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Since Obama was sworn in as president, he has been given a free ride by most of the major media. Criticize his policies and you have liberal pundits mindlessly calling you racist, or, better yet, Nancy Pelosi calling you a Nazi. It gets old. Now we have Jimmy Carter weighing in by saying Joe Wilson's shoutout shows him to be a racist. Puhhh-lllease. Wilson's being an idiot hothead doesn't make him a racist. In fact, Wilson did Obama a huge favor by taking the focus off what was a worthless speech gussied up by Obama's admittedly compelling delivery.

2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Jimmy Carter needs a drool cup.

And sportsjournalists.com has been telling us journalism's dead for months as a pop-up ad when you go to the site.

3. clutchcargo

Excellent point. Maybe it was Michael Moore who paid for the pop-up.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Absolutely, positively, 1000% right.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Classy as usual, Scribe. Never stop being you.

6. clutchcargo

Dave, you're not going to tell us it's sacrilege to say anything critical of the beloved peanut farmer? I'm a conservative who used to admire Carter, but he went off the deep end about 2-3 years ago. He was the first ex-president in my lifetime to openly diss a sitting president while cozying up to terrorists, and Carter continues to make himself out to be totally out of touch.

7. ScribePharisee

Carter is senile. That's not sacrilege. That's the truth.

8. ScribePharisee

But the guy in charge now is going to make us forget Carter ever existed.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Suicide?

I think it's more along the lines of the Darwin Awards when someone is so stupid that they kill themselves by accident by shooting themselves in the head when they think they're answering their phone.

10. ScribePharisee

Ah, the life of the newspaper CEO.

11. clutchcargo

I'd like to hear Carter speak from his heart in giving his honest assessment of Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

HEADLINE: Huckabee says journalism is dead; no one reports his opinion

Draft saved Draft deleted